This one day course addresses the purpose of PPAP and provides a detailed examination of Production Part Approval Process requirements. We will focus on determining if all customer engineering, design record and specification requirements are properly understood, and that the production process has the potential to meet these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate.
This course is consistent with the AIAG PPAP manual, latest edition.
A general knowledge of automotive quality systems is preferred.
Course manual and electronic workbook are provided.
Following the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the requirements and timing impacts of the PPAP.
- Be able to prepare the information needed for a successful PPAP submission.
OUTLINE OF TOPICS COVERED
- PPAP Overview, Definitions, Scope and Purpose
- Requirement of Submission
- Submission Levels
- Part Submission Status
- Record & Master Sample Retention
- PPAP Process Requirements
- Part Submission Warrant
The course will focus on the practical requirements for a PPAP submission and use information from a recent company submission or a proposed submission if no submissions have been made.
During the course feedback is given on performance so that participants can learn, practice and develop their individual skills.
Who should attend?
- Key personnel from those organisations that are required to prepare and/or submit PPAP documentation.
- Managers and staff who require and awareness of PPAP and automotive requirements.