AS9100D Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations was published last month. The international standard includes the ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements and specifies additional aviation, space, and defense industry requirements, definitions, and notes.
We have already started work with our aerospace clients on the implementation of the updated standard as the transition period is expected to be 2 years (reduced from 3 due to the delayed publication). Key Dates June 2017 all audits after this to be to the new standard. September 2018 transition complete old certificates no longer valid.
Key Changes (aviation, space and defense requirements) include:
- Product safety added in a separate clause and in selected areas
- Counterfeit parts prevention added in a separate clause and in selected areas
- Risk merged current 9100 requirements with the new ISO requirements and emphasis on risks in operational processes
- Awareness reinforced requirements for awareness of individual contribution to quality
- Human factors included as a consideration in nonconformity / corrective action
- Configuration management clarified and improved to address stakeholder needs
Further information on the standard and transition is available by contacting us and also on the IAQG website